BIOPOD DOWNWOOL HYBRID COTTON COMFORT
A dream for all caravan & camper users
The optimal 3-season sleeping bag for all caravan, motorhome, camper and caravan users.
Due to its rectangular shape, the sleeping bag can also be used as a blanket. The inner fabric is 100% cotton, which gently caresses the skin.
PLEASE TURN OVER!
The Biopod DownWool Hybrid Cotton Comfort has two sides: the underside, on which you normally lie, is filled with robust, climate-regulating lavalan® AlmWolle and reinforced with Synthdown. The top side of the sleeping bag has an elaborate H-chamber system and is filled with the proven bewährten DownWoolInsulation material. On warmer days you can turn the side with the lavalan® AlmWolle filling upwards, on colder days the DownWool side should be turned upwards. Thus the blanket sleeping bag has a wider range of use where you feel comfortable.
A deep and recuperative sleep is especially important after an active day. That's why our sleeping bags are cut more comfortably, while we also pay attention to light weight and small packing volume.
The unique Feature of our DownWool sleeping bags is their innovative insulation: DownWool is a natural insulation made of 70% down and 30% wool and combines the advantages of both natural materials. Very good insulation and a pleasant feel-good climate.
HOW THE UNIQUE DOWNWOOL INSULATION WORKS
The natural high-end DownWool-Insulation is a blend of 70% high-quality RDS-certified down, which provides high insulation, and 30% wool from the Alpine region, which acts like a lightweight natural air conditioner. The combination is perfect. Nothing insulates as well as high-quality down. The 30% wool content absorbs any moisture that arises and thus keeps the down naturally drier. Down has a very high insulating capacity at a low weight. However, down only insulates as long as it is dry and fluffy. With increasing humidity, the fine branching of the down collapses, which considerably reduces the insulating effect of the down. For this reason, the down is often treated with water-repellent agents. With DownWool, this is made unnecessary by adding the wool content. Wool can absorb up to 30% of its own weight in moisture without losing its insulating effect. Furthermore, wool is very temperature regulating and creates a pleasant microclimate in a natural way.
The result is a unique sleeping climate, which means that the temperature range in which you feel comfortable and sleep well in a DownWool sleeping bag is particularly wide. This makes DownWool sleeping bags popular all-rounders.
- Outer fabric: breathable and water-repellent ultra-light 40 denier 290T nylon (100% polyamide).
- Inner material: skin-friendly cotton (100% cotton)
- Skin compatibility: Confidence in textiles - tested for harmful substances according to STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®.
- Filling: top side: 12.3 oz DownWool made of 70% duck down (80/20 with 650+ cuin) and 30% refined wool, bottom side: 1st layer lavalan® AlmWolle made of 85% virgin wool, corn starch 15% (PLA) Ingeo™ filling thickness: 0.11 lb/yd² 2nd layer Synthdown (100% polyester) 0.33 lb/yd².
- Certification: The down in this sleeping bag is certified according to the Responsible Down Standard (RDS CU 859743).
- Size: 78.7“ x 31.5“
- Weight: approx. 60 oz + pack sack
- Pack size: Ø 7.9“ x 13.8“, compressed Ø 8.3“ x 9.4“
- Pack volume: 11 litres, compressed 8 litres
- Material: outer fabric: 100% polyamide, inner fabric: 100% cotton, filling: top layer: 70% down / 30% wool - contains non-textile parts of animal origin, bottom layer: 1st layer: 85% wool / 15% polylactide 2nd layer: 100% polyester
- Temperature: Warmer side – Comfort: 4°C (39°F) | Cooler side – Comfort: 10°C (50°F)
- Inner pocket and outer pocket: for valuables and things you prefer to keep close by
- Two-way zip with wide cover: to prevent heat from escaping through the zip
- White zip: so you can find your way into the sleeping bag even in the dark
- Zip retention tape: to make the zip easier to close and open without snagging
- Chamber construction: H-chambers
- Convertible to a blanket: can be used as a blanket
- Reverse connectable
- PFC free: no perflourated chemicals are used.
- Highly water repellent: we equip with the German environmentally friendly impregnation BIONIC-FINISH ECO with RUCO-DRY ECO PLUS.
Use: The ideal companion for all caravan and caravan users.
Care: The Biopod DownWool Hybrid Cotton Comfort is machine washable with down detergent on the wool programme.
Scope of delivery: Sleeping bag, compression sack, storage bag, detailed washing and care instructions.