BIOPOD DOWNWOOL KIDSTEEN
High-quality youth sleeping bag with innovative DownWool insulation
When trekking, hiking, camping and travelling, children and teenagers also need good sleeping comfort.
The Biopod DownWool KidsTeen was developed so that a new model is not needed every year. It grows with the child up to adolescent age and can therefore be used from approx. 3‘3.4“ to 5‘6.7 body height.
The mummy sleeping bag, which is fully certified according to OEKO-TEX® 100, has an innovative zip that allows you to comfortably place your feet on the top of the sleeping bag when it gets too warm.
A deep and recuperative sleep is especially important after an active day. That's why our sleeping bags are cut more comfortably, while we also pay attention to light weight and small packing volume.
The unique Feature of our DownWool sleeping bags is their innovative insulation: DownWool is a natural insulation made of 70% down and 30% wool and combines the advantages of both natural materials. Very good insulation and a pleasant feel-good climate.
HOW THE UNIQUE DOWNWOOL INSULATION WORKS
The natural high-end DownWool-Insulation is a blend of 70% high-quality RDS-certified down, which provides high insulation, and 30% wool from the Alpine region, which acts like a lightweight natural air conditioner. The combination is perfect. Nothing insulates as well as high-quality down. The 30% wool content absorbs any moisture that arises and thus keeps the down naturally drier. Down has a very high insulating capacity at a low weight. However, down only insulates as long as it is dry and fluffy. With increasing humidity, the fine branching of the down collapses, which considerably reduces the insulating effect of the down. For this reason, the down is often treated with water-repellent agents. With DownWool, this is made unnecessary by adding the wool content. Wool can absorb up to 30% of its own weight in moisture without losing its insulating effect. Furthermore, wool is very temperature regulating and creates a pleasant microclimate in a natural way.
The result is a unique sleeping climate, which means that the temperature range in which you feel comfortable and sleep well in a DownWool sleeping bags is particularly wide. This makes DownWool sleeping bags popular all-rounders.
- Outer material: Breathable and water-repellent ultra-light 20 denier 380T nylon (100% polyamide)
- Inner material: Breathable nylon, pleasant to the skin
- Good skin compatibility: Confidence in Textiles - Tested for harmful substances according to STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®
- Filling: 11.6 oz DownWool® of 70% duck down (90/10, 650+ cuin) and 30% wool
- Certification: The down in this sleeping bag is certified to the Responsible Down Standard (RDS CU 859743).
- Size: 53.1“ - 74.8“ x 26.8“ x 17.7“ (for body heights: 3‘3.4“ to 5‘6.7“)
- Weight: approx. 25.8 + pack sack
- Pack size: Ø 6.7“ x 13.8“, compressed Ø 6.7“ x 9.8“
- Pack volume: 8 litres, compressed 5,5 litres
- Material: 100% polyamide, Filling: 70% down / 30% wool - contains non-textile parts of animal origin
- Temperature: According to the EN 23537 standard, exact temperature ratings for children’s sleeping bags are not valid.
- Grows with the child: accommodates heights from 100 to 170 cm
- Rustle-free material: to let you sleep without being disturbed
- Face baffle: forms a softer transition of insulation to the face and prevents loss of heat.
- Inner and external pockets: for valuable items and things you would rather have close by
- Two-way zip with wide covering: to prevent heat loss through the zip
- White zip: allows you to find the sleeping bag easily even in the dark
- Zip retainer tape: to allow the zip to open and close more easily without getting stuck.
- Innovative foot ventilation system: Thanks to the innovative foot ventilation system, you can place your feet comfortably on the top side of the sleeping bag to allow excess heat to vent.
- Chamber construction: H-chambers, on the upper side also in V-shape
- PFC free: no perfluorinated chemicals are used.
- Highly water repellent: due to the use of the durable german impregnation Bionic Finish Eco
ATTENTION:The hood does not have a drawstring, as the sleeping bag is for children, no straps may be installed, as otherwise there would be the possibility of strangulation.
Use:The ideal companion for temperatures until just above freezing in the tent or under the stars.
Care:The Biopod DownWool KidsTeen can easily be washed in the washing machine.
Scope of delivery:sleeping bag, compression sack, storage bag, full washing and care instructions