BIOPOD DOWN HYBRID ICE ALPINE 190
Ideal sleeping bag when it gets cold!
High-quality lightweight sleeping bag for mountain and trekking tours with wool part for a better dry sleeping climate. The Biopod Down Hybrid Ice Alpine was developed for use around freezing point.
Its comfortable and adapted mummy shape makes it light and small in pack size. An elaborate chamber system of box and H chambers (V-shaped) prevents cold bridges. The anti-slip nubs on the underside of the sleeping bag are also practical, as they prevent it from slipping off the insulation mat.
The Biopod Down Hybrid Ice Alpine can also be upgraded with a washable carbon heating element. This allows the sleeping bag to be heated with the help of a power bank in the foot area.
The fabrics used are made from recycled, highly breathable and robust nylon. The sleeping bag can be refilled with down at a Grüezi bag service partner if required. This guarantees a long service life.
The hybrid sleeping bags use high-quality down and lavalan® AlmWolle.
ELABORATE HYBRID CONSTRUCTION
The finest goose down (90/10, 800+ cuin, RDS certified) is used as insulation material in our hybrid sleeping bags. The innovative V-Shaped chamber system is supported in sensitive body zones by even more filled box chambers. In addition, further side chambers provide balanced insulation.
A layer of pure lavalan® AlmWolle is used as a further insulation layer. This makes the sleeping bag unique.
The lavalan® AlmWolle not only provides additional insulation, but can absorb 30% of its own weight in moisture without feeling damp. This prevents condensation on the inside of the outer shell. The wool thus protects the down from moisture. Because only dry and fluffy down insulates optimally! The combination of the two insulation materials, down and wool, creates a dry, warm climate: this is the best prerequisite for a restful and good night's sleep.
A sleeping bag only stores the heat that a person gives off. Often, however, a person is no longer able to warm themselves or the sleeping bag. Be it because they are exhausted or ill. Especially the foot space is difficult to warm up with cold feet. That is why a heating element has been integrated into the hybrid sleeping bags, which can be operated by means of a commercially available power bank. After about 15 minutes, the sleeping bag is snug and warm for the night. Of course, the washable carbon heating element can be removed easily and quickly.
Grüezi bag takes responsibility for the geese and sheep that produce the insulation materials. That is why only wool from the Alpine region and RDS-certified down are used.
- Outer material: Recycled, breathable and water-repellent ultra-light 20 denier 380T nylon (100% polyamide)
- Inner material: Recycled, breathable nylon, pleasant to the skin
- Filling: goose down (90/10, 800+ cuin), Upper side: lavalan® AlmWolle: 85% pure new wool (VW), corn starch 15% Ingeo™ (PLA), 0.11 lb/yd²
- Certification: The down in this sleeping bag is certified to the Responsible Down Standard (RDS CU 859743).
- Size: 80.7“ x 31.5“ x 19.7“ (suitable up to body height: 6‘2.8“)
- Weight: approx. 37 oz + pack sack
- Pack size: Ø 15.7“ x 8.3“, compressed Ø 10.2“ x 7.5“
- Pack volume: 11.5 litres, compressed 7 litres
- Material: 100% polyamide, Filling: 100% down, Upper side additional with 85% wool / 15% polylactide - contains non-textile parts of animal origin
- Temperature: T Comfort: -2°C (28°F) | T Limit: -8°C (17°F) | T Extreme: -27°C (-16°F)
- Adjustable hood: adapts to the shape of the head extremely well
- Face baffle: forms a softer transition of insulation to the face and prevents loss of heat.
- Draft collar: new self-closing 3D-thermal collar that fits snugly around the neck and prevents heat escaping
- Drawstring pocket: So that the drawstring on the draught collar does not cause any annoyance, a simple drawstring pocket ensures that it is safely stowed away.
- External pocket: for valuables and things you would rather have close by
- Two-way zip with wide covering: to prevent heat loss through the zip
- White zip: allows you to find the sleeping bag easily even in the dark
- Zip retainer tape: to allow the zip to open and close more easily without getting stuck.
- Chamber construction: Box chamber construction, H-chambers, on the upper side also in V-shape, special side chambers
- Inner pocket: with a USB connection for a power bank
- Non-slip grips: The rubber grips on the underside prevents slipping off the thermal mat when lying on uneven ground.
- PFC free: no perfluorinated chemicals are used.
- Recycled fabrics: All fabrics are made of recycled materials.
- Highly water-repellent: We use the environmentally-friendly german BIONIC-FINISH® ECO impregnation system with ®RUCO-DRY ECO PLUS.
The ideal companion for cold winter nights in a tent. It is also perfect for those who get cold easily at night.
The Biopod Down Hybrid Ice Alpine can be washed in your washing machine.
Scope of delivery:
Sleeping bag, compression bag, storage bag, full washing and care instructions.