Biopod DownWool Quilt
- Better sleeping climate thanks to the natural DownWool insulation
- Light-weight & small packing size
- Adjustable on your sleeping mat
BIOPOD DOWNWOOL QUILT
Save weight and space with innovative DownWool insulation
The ideal companion from late spring to early autumn for all weight-savers when trekking or hammock sleeping.
The down quilt can be attached to a sleeping pad with the elastic fixing system supplied. This saves on the back and thus also on weight. When camping or when it is warm outside, the fixing system can also be removed and the quilt can be used as a blanket.
The longitudinal side construction of the chambers prevents cold bridges. When it gets cold, the lower end of the quilt can be connected with a zip to form a footmuff. An elastic drawstring closes the foot area completely and makes it cosy and warm.
The press stud on the top edge is also practical. This can be used to fix the quilt in a hammock around the shoulders or to use it as a cape. The quilt also fits perfectly into another sleeping bag to increase its temperature values.
The unique feature of our DownWool products is their innovative insulation: DownWool is a natural insulation made of 70% down and 30% wool and combines the advantages of both natural materials. Very good insulation and a pleasant feel-good climate.
HOW THE UNIQUE DOWNWOOL INSULATION WORKS
The natural high-end DownWool insulation is a blend of 70% high-quality RDS-certified down, which provides high insulation, and 30% wool from the Alpine region, which acts like a lightweight natural air conditioner. The combination is perfect. Nothing insulates as well as high-quality down. The 30% wool content absorbs any moisture that arises and thus keeps the down naturally drier. Down has a very high insulating capacity at a low weight. However, down only insulates as long as it is dry and fluffy. With increasing humidity, the fine branching of the down collapses, which considerably reduces the insulating effect of the down. For this reason, the down is often treated with water-repellent agents. With DownWool, this is made unnecessary by adding the wool content. Wool can absorb up to 30% of its own weight in moisture without losing its insulating effect. Furthermore, wool is very temperature regulating and creates a pleasant microclimate in a natural way.
The result is a unique sleeping climate, which means that the temperature range in which you feel comfortable and sleep well in a DownWool products is particularly wide. This makes DownWool products popular all-rounders.
- Outer fabric: breathable and water-repellent ultra-lightweight 20 denier 380T nylon (100% polyamide).
- Inner material: supple, breathable nylon (100% polyamide)
- Good skin compatibility: Confidence in textiles - tested for harmful substances according to STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®.
- Filling: 14.6 oz DownWool made of 70% duck down (90/10 with 650+ cuin) and 30% refined wool
- Certification: The down in this product is certified according to the Responsible Down Standard (RDS CU 859743).
- Size: 74.8“ x 53“ x 39.4“ (unfolded)
- Weight: approx. 26.5 oz + pack sack
- Pack size: Ø 6.3“ x 13.8“, compressed Ø 6.3“ x 9.8“
- Pack volume: 7 litres, compressed 5 litres
- Material: 100% polyamide, filling: 70% down / 30% wool - contains non-textile parts of animal origin
- Temperature: We recommend the Biopod DownWool Quilt, as it is not closed all around, for late spring/summer/early autumn.
- Thermal collar placket: forms a closure to the neck to prevent heat from escaping
- Double-sided elastic drawstrings: to adjust the neck closure comfortably
- Snap fastener at the top: to fix the Qulit and to be able to use it as a cape
- Inner pocket: for valuables and things you prefer to keep close by
- convertible footmuff: zip to form a footmuff with lined cover flap, additional adjustment possibilities with elastic drawstring and velcro fastener
- chamber construction: H-chambers, side longitudinal chambers
- Fastening system: removable elastic straps for easy attachment to sleeping mats
- Anti-slip nubs: Fixes the quilt to the sleeping mat.
- PFC free: no perflourated chemicals are used.
- Highly water-repellent: We equip with the German environmentally friendly impregnation BIONIC-FINISH ECO with RUCO-DRY ECO PLUS.
Use: The ideal companion for weight and space optimizers
Care: The Biopod DownWool Quilt can be washed in the washing machine with down detergent on the wool programme.
Scope of delivery: Quilt, fastening system, compression sack, storage bag, detailed washing and care instructions.